Solid Waste and Recycling Services
The Town of Prosper contracts with IESI to provide household waste and recycling services to the residents of Prosper. To initiate new service, order additional trash cans, or have excess trash cans removed, please call the Town’s Utility Billing Dept. at 972-346-2640.
Existing customers with specific service issues or questions regarding the household waste and recycling services in Prosper are asked to contact IESI directly. You may call IESI at 469-452-8000. Alternately you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION:
• Service Days:
o East of Preston Rd / Hwy 289 = Tuesday
o West of Preston Rd / Hwy 289 = Friday
• Holidays: When a holiday occurs, trash service will be delayed by one day. Example: Labor Day is observed on a Monday. Trash service will occur on Wednesday & Saturday that week. Holidays include Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day.
• Excess Trash:
o IESI will only pick up items that fit into the trash container.
o Do no place items beside the container - they will not be picked up.
o Do not overstuff your container. If the lid does not close properly, IESI will not empty the can.
• Unacceptable Item: Do not place loose items such as grass clippings and packing peanuts in the container.
RECYCLABLE ITEM COLLECTION:
• Service Days: Same as trash days, above.
• Holidays: Same as trash days, above.
• Excess Recyclables: See the “Excess Trash” item, above.
• Acceptable Items: Accepted items include aluminum/steel cans, cardboard, catalogs, cereal boxes, chipboard, glass containers, junk mail, newspapers, magazines, phone books, and Plastics 1 – 7.
• Unacceptable Items: Aluminum foil, batteries, hazardous waste, waxed milk cartons, packing peanuts, Styrofoam, tissue, wax paper, and window glass.
RESIDENTIAL BULKY ITEM COLLECTION:
• FREE BULK TRASH PICK-UP - For Residential Customers, bulky waste can be picked up on the last Saturday of each month. Please contact IESI at 469-452-8000 to be placed on their schedule.
HANDICAPPED / PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED RESIDENTS: Contact IESI to arrange for front door service.
You may also find additional information on IESI's Town of Prosper Web Site.